[GTALUG] Kurzweil Reading Edge

Karen Lewellen klewellen at shellworld.net
Sat May 29 18:48:43 EDT 2021

Stewart
Granted, I have used these for many years, and am rather good at the
brightness  level adjustments, but, when properly trained, the recognition
wait  time is less than 15 seconds depending on the material being scanned.
Which is the key, there are options for different kinds of materials,
books hardback or paperback, newspapers, magazines, etc.
Also, if one does not change the column setting it adds time while the
machine   looks for a column that might not be there.
Still, recognition gets faster once the machine  learns what it is
examining, so if this source claims it takes a  while, someone did not
fully do their homework speaking personally.
Karen