[GTALUG] e-reader recommendations

o1bigtenor o1bigtenor at gmail.com
Wed May 12 06:52:51 EDT 2021

On Tue, May 11, 2021 at 9:00 PM David Mason via talk <talk at gtalug.org> wrote:

> I have a reMarkable https://remarkable.com/ which is great for PDFs, writing notes, etc. and it will also read.
>
> It’s quite nice. I generally use it instead of paper for notes. You can even transfer web pages to it (from a Chrome plug-in) to read them in more comfort.

An interesting tool!
For $750 inc taxes - - - - dunno.
Find the idea that handwriting is wonderful just a little goofy - - -
- my typing is easily 3x my handwriting speed - - - - accuracy is
likely far better than any ocr program as well.

The limitations of these devices are quite interesting.
The whole genre seems like toys for those with lots of toys.
It would help if technical books were not so expensive and so hard to
get. (Reader use)
Oh well - - - not designed for my kind of uses.

Regards