[GTALUG] e-reader recommendations

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Tue May 11 14:18:36 EDT 2021

I once had a Sony e-reader, it was great for purpose. As has been
suggested, it's best for the ePub format, less good with PDFs.

For whatever reasons, the landscape for eReaders has consolidated into two
brands -- Kobo and Kindle.

The situation may have changed since I last checked it out, but last I
recall Kindles were optimised for Amazon content and didn't do unlocked
ePubs very well.

They also used to be cheaper, but as I look now the current price on an 8"
Kobo is $50 more than I paid for my 9"Android tablet. That's if you buy
locally. If you don't mind going offshore there are dozens of offers at
less than $100 on aliexpress (here's one example
<https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001613017326.html>).

-----

Evan Leibovitch, Toronto Canada
@evanleibovitch / @el56