[GTALUG] The FOSS world's most famous incel is back...

Russell Reiter rreiter91 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 11:52:59 EDT 2021

An incel is a personal self description as involuntary celebate. This is
not at all a linux topic.

How does Evan purport to know Richard Stallman is involuntarily celebate.
That would be the first question to be answered going forward.

On Wed, Mar 24, 2021, 11:24 AM Alex Volkov via talk, <talk at gtalug.org>
wrote:

> Hello Evan,
>

> Reading the replies to your post I feel disappointed that we have so many
> reactionaries in our midst.

Calling people reactionary for discussing Evans disparaging remarks about
RMS is hardly on topic either.

> I support this idea.

I'm going to cc email to the board and see if we can vote on board list or
> call a meeting.

Name calling is typically the last resort of ignorance and hardly worth
voting on.

Am I a reactionary incel for calling this out as both off topic linux wise?
and also pointing out that the code of conduct does not explicitly prohibit
reactionary expressionisim.

In the meantime It is also possible to sign the petition as an individual.

This is the only rational response to Evans inflamatory post which was most
likely authored out of covid boredom.

> Alex.
>
> On 2021-03-23 9:46 p.m., Evan Leibovitch via talk wrote:
>
> ... hopefully, not for long.
>

> https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2021/03/free-software-advocates-seek-removal-of-richard-stallman-and-entire-fsf-board/
>
> I propose that GTALUG as an organization add its name to the petition,
> already signed by a healthy cross section of the FOSS world.
>
> https://rms-open-letter.github.io/
>
> Evan Leibovitch, Toronto Canada
> @evanleibovitch / @el56

> Unsubscribe from this mailing list

Russell

“Th’ newspaper does ivrything f’r us. It runs th’ polis foorce an’ th’
banks, commands th’ milishy, controls th’ ligislachure, baptizes th’ young,
marries th’ foolish, comforts th’ afflicted, afflicts th’ comfortable,
buries th’ dead an’ roasts thim aftherward.” F. P. Dunne