[GTALUG] Raspberry Pi

Alvin Starr alvin at netvel.net
Mon Mar 8 10:00:50 EST 2021

On 3/8/21 9:21 AM, James Knott via talk wrote:
> On 2021-03-08 7:44 a.m., o1bigtenor via talk wrote:
>> (Re: DHL) Hmmmmmm - - - - did you enjoy the insecure (only a http NOT
>> https) web form you got to use for giving them your information? Did you
>> 'like' the fact that you were set up so that you couldn't clear the
>> shipment
>> yourself? Did you like the 'nice' fee you were charged for their rather
>> lackadaisical halding of the same?
>
> I never entered info on the DHL site.  I provided info to the shipper
> in Hong Kong.
>
> IIRC, the fee from DHL was $20 or so.  This is a lot less than what
> UPS charged years ago.  It was so obscene that I and others refused to
> use them.  I don't have a problem paying a reasonable amount for
> border brokerage service.  My item was over $300, so it couldn't slip
> through without attracting HST etc..

Having been raped by UPS/Fedex a few times for customs brokerage I try
to only use USPS when getting things from the US.
I have never had to pay clearing changes and only once had to pay HST
out of possibly 100 shipments over the years.

--
Alvin Starr                   ||   land:  (647)478-6285
alvin at netvel.net              ||