[GTALUG] Which NAS harddisk? -- Seagate or Western Digital

Stefan Kloppenborg stefan at kloppenborg.ca
Sun Mar 7 18:59:01 EST 2021

Backblaze, which is a cloud storage/backup provider, publishes drive failure statistics for their roughly 160,000 drives. They mostly use fairly large drives (lots of 12-16 TB) from a few different manufacturers (including lots of Seagate drives). Their stats may or may not be of use to you when selecting new drive(s), but it’s interesting to see anyways.

https://www.backblaze.com/b2/hard-drive-test-data.html#quarterly-stats-blog-articles