[GTALUG] Foone's Silverado Linux discovery - "Go away, go away now, go away fast"

Stewart C. Russell scruss at gmail.com
Sat Jun 19 15:25:18 EDT 2021

Popular hardware hacker Foone Turing has found that the Chevy Silverado
they're renting runs a dubious version of Linux in the entertainment
console, yet it seems to have some control over some in-car systems and
talks via the car's wifi (of course). Ongoing slightly sweary thread
starts here:

    foone (@Foone) : I'm renting a recent Chevy Silverado pickup truck
    and it has a big screen for connecting navigation and controlling
    bluetooth music and such, and it's apparently linux based. You know
    how it I know? It has the license files for EVERY SINGLE PACKAGE
    included, IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER
    10:21 PM · Jun 18, 2021
    — https://twitter.com/Foone/status/1406074736803676163

Definite 'Code Red' from Cabin Pressure material for me ...

cheers,

 Stewart