[GTALUG] Ubuntu 20.04.2 is groaning

Howard Gibson hgibson at eol.ca
Mon Jun 7 15:18:32 EDT 2021

On Mon, 7 Jun 2021 14:52:14 -0400
Chris Aitken via talk <talk at gtalug.org> wrote:

> I think the problem is that gnome is hogging CPU. I can get gnome CPU
> usage to 98% just by moving the mouse.
> Chris

Chris,

   There is room on my machine only for one CPU hog, and that is not Gnome_3.  My desktop is FVWM, and I use some tools that come with LXDE.  FVWM probably is not for beginners, but the configuration files are heavily commented.  They may be fairly manageable, especially if you can find a configuration that is approximately what you want.  I strongly recommend XFCE and LXDE.

--
Howard Gibson
hgibson at eol.ca
jhowardgibson at gmail.com