[GTALUG] USB TV Card Free

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Mon Jul 26 14:03:46 EDT 2021

| From: Ansar Mohammed via talk <talk at gtalug.org>

| To: GTALUG Talk <talk at gtalug.org>, "gtabug at darwinsys.com" <gtabug at darwinsys.com>

I try not to cross-post to multiple lists.  It seems to lead to
confusion.  But I could see why you might want to do so.

If someone on gtabug but not gtalug replies, I think that they will
get a bounce message from gtalug.

I tend to post the same message, separately, to each list.
Unfortunately, that leads to a partitioned conversation.

| Apologies if this is too much off topic, but I have some extra hardware
| lying around that is free to a new home.
| NIB never used still in box.DVDXpress tv card
| I have a ton of other hardware including SIP phones and SAS hard drives. If
| it’s too much off topic I won’t post the list

I welcome re-use of hardware.  I do think that it fits in with the
ethos of Linux users.  Especially if the hardware can be used with Linux.

Please do post the list.

These days, the best use of this device might be to capture analog
video recordings for archival purposes.  For example: digitizing VCR
tapes.

The sooner one archives those, the better.  They don't make VCRs any
longer.

(This is advice I don't always follow: I have 9-track computer
tapes which I didn't archive and I can no longer access.)

(I already have devices to capture analog video, so I'm not a
candidate for this hardware.)

(It may surprise people who know me, but I actually threw out NTSC
tuner cards since I could think of no use for them, for me or anyone
else.)