[GTALUG] Fwd: HISTORIC opportunity for cheaper Internet in Toronto

Alvin Starr alvin at netvel.net
Fri Jan 29 10:42:08 EST 2021

On 1/29/21 9:17 AM, Stewart C. Russell via talk wrote:
> On 2021-01-29 8:05 a.m., Alvin Starr via talk wrote:
>> I have a feeling that will not end well for Ontario users of telecom
>> services.
> I don't think it could be going more badly for Ontario users. A friend
> has just moved to Helsinki. We compared available plans: Telia's worst
> plan was faster than Bell's best plan, and it wasn't possible to have a
> plan with Telia that cost as much as Bell's plans.
>
>   Stewart

We have been to more than 10 third world countries over the years and
ALL of them have had faster and cheaper service than here.

A couple of years ago we took a trip along the Mississippi valley and
had no coverage for most of that trip.
Compare that to a trip to South America where we had coverage in the
AndesĀ  mountains.

Every night I pray for more Starlink satellites.

--
Alvin Starr                   ||   land:  (647)478-6285
alvin at netvel.net              ||