[GTALUG] time is running out for gtalug.org

Stewart C. Russell scruss at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 17:16:07 EST 2021

On 2021-01-24 2:35 p.m., Gordon Chillcott via talk wrote:

> You might try Scott (scott at revident.net) or Alex Volkov (alex at flamy.ca
> or avolkov at gmail.com).   Both are on the Board now - Scott came in to
> help out with taking over some of Chris's duties.  Both were concerned
> with this issue.

I'm on the board, too, as are Warren McPherson and Alan Heighway. I
missed the last board meeting due to a conflict, but my understanding of
the situation is:

- the board/operations committee can't take over hosting (Linode) access
until we get certain financial details from Chris's family. Linode are
happy to accept payment against an account from anyone*, seemingly, but
account access needs credentials we are currently stalled on.

- Scott and I met with GTALUG's bank the other week to gain signing
access. Unfortunately we were both given incorrect login details so
neither of us can access the account.

cheers,

 Stewart

---

*: not suggesting you're just anyone, Hugh: your initiative helped us
out of a deep hole.