[GTALUG] odd evince command behaviour

Mauro Souza thoriumbr at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 10:44:29 EST 2021

My first thought was to fire up strace and figure out what magic
incantation evince was calling. I cannot count how many times strace helped
me.

My wild guess follows Lennard: evince is treating : as a protocol
indicative, trying to handle it, and failing. If that's the case, you
either rename the file, pass the full path, or implement the RE: protocol
yourself... Remember to submit the RFC...