[GTALUG] "a web page is slowing down Firefox. To speed up your browser, stop that page."

Stefan Kloppenborg stefan at kloppenborg.ca
Wed Dec 22 17:44:58 EST 2021

There are probably folks on this list who know a lot more of this subject that I do. But, I'd start with opening up Firefox developer tools (press F12). The "Performance" tab lets you record a profile showing the time spent on the various JavaScript function calls and DOM events. You could also take a memory snapshot and see what on the page is consuming large amounts of memory. This will give you fairly low-level information, which may or may not be useful or easy to interpret.

If you don't have tracking protection turned on (I think it's on by default in Firefox), you could try turning that on: perhaps one of the tracking scripts is taking a lot of CPU resources.