[GTALUG] Today! Re: [GTALUG-Announce] Meeting Tomorrow

o1bigtenor o1bigtenor at gmail.com
Tue Aug 10 11:13:57 EDT 2021

On Tue, Aug 10, 2021 at 9:13 AM D. Hugh Redelmeier via talk <talk at gtalug.org>
wrote:

> The actual meeting will be at 7:30 PM on 2021 August 10.
> I think that the rest of the message is correct.

Thought that timing was likely but did find the previously listed
possibility
as 'interesting'.

> We are really lucky getting Alyssa Rosenzweig to talk.  She's doing
> important and tricky work providing open drivers for pervasive hardware.
> Reverse engineering hardware as complex as a GPU is astonishingly
> difficult.
>
> The Linux graphics stack is enormous and I don't understand it at all
> well.  I really look forward to Alyssa's talk: it should fill in one tile
> of the mosaic.  I hope to ask Alyssa if she knows a Royal Road to
> understanding the stack.

Having long term issues in trying to run a multi-gpu system and lately
adding
a 4k hdmi monitor monitor into a now 5 monitor display sub-system I also
have more than a question or two that I would love some answers for.
Likely won't be asking any questions as I'm finding that most of the Linux
community doesn't use multi-gpu setups unless its for computing horse
power or electronic currency mining which needs are quite different than
for a very heavy screen real estate system (better not to frustrate other
attendees!).

Thanks for confirming the scheduling.

Regards