[GTALUG] Linus Torvalds Responds to Linux Banning University of Minnesota

ac ac at main.me
Mon Apr 26 11:21:12 EDT 2021

On Mon, 26 Apr 2021 10:03:50 -0400
El Fontanero via talk <talk at gtalug.org> wrote:
<snip lotsa really cool stuff here>
> > How about something like a go-fund-me kind of service that
> > distributes the money to the successful contract killer?
> > I am sure something can be done over a blockchain.
> > If we could add in spammers I would be most happy.
> Absolutely nauseating.  Shocking and horrifying.
> "Zero tolerance" means at the very least, that advocating murder is
> cause for immediate and permanent banning from this list, is it not?
> No, Toronto does not have the prevalence of firearms in the hands of
> people who casually say they want people shot or the people who
> casually agree with them, but our cousins to the south are an
> extremely important lesson that we do not want to emulate.

who said anything about firearms/guns?

most contract killers I see on movies use poison, some have a stringy
type thingy where they hook it over the victims heads, others use a
knife (apparently killing is then more personal or enjoyable - go
figure, there are so many really and truly weird people out there...)

I saw a movie the other day where the evil people placed the to be
killed victim in a box with spikes... YIKES!!

and, anyway, as I understand the original post, it is intended as
humour, okay, well I guess you have to be weird like me to read is as
such?

or is this thread now truly in the weeds?