[GTALUG] ot: headphone jac replacement?

Don Tai dontai.canada at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 20:50:35 EDT 2021

A 3.5mm audio jack will have a ring that screws into the cylinder part of
the jack. You plug you headphones into the jack. This ring is tightened
against the side cover. Has this become loose? If this has loosened, then
you could use some locktite to ensure it is tight.

An issue is that when the audio jack becomes loose, it might stress the 3
wires and stop working. Apart from the looseness of the jack, can you hear
the left and right channel audio?

Do you have a Xerox "Kurzweil Reading Edge Optical Recognition Speech
Synthesizer," 1992?

Don