[GTALUG] Raspberry Pi High-Availability / Remote Serviceable Solution

Scott Sullivan scott at revident.net
Tue Apr 13 21:23:26 EDT 2021

This is a follow on from my talk back November. Which at the GTALUG this
evening I gave a small follow up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwESAjUBuj0

At the end of the original talk I discussed having issue with electrical
isolation on the USB serial adapter. I've since solved that with an
inexpensive part that's exactly fit for purpose.

Below is the parts list:

* USB-C to Serial Port UART Board Module Isolated USB to TTL Module 3.3V
   https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001644508314.html

* TP-Link Jetstream 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch with 8-Port PoE+
   https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0141JX92G/

* Dupont Crimping Tool
   https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B087QY413W/

* JST-XHP Housings and Connectors
   https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07MBCLPBK/

* USB C to USB 2.0 A Cables
   https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01ASXBY62/

* GeeekPi Raspberry Pi 4 PoE HAT
   https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0833PP65P

I also showed off my Build of the Raspberry Pi modular rack, constructed
from the design by Uptime Labs.

https://uplab.pro/2020/12/raspberry-pi-server-mark-iii/

I have a second one of these I printed and assembled but don't actually
need. If someone interested, I'd sell if for $100 to cover the cost of
the 5 case fans, steel rod and full spool of filament used in it's
construction.

--
Scott Sullivan