[GTALUG] WSL, threat or boon? [was Re:Surveillance Capitalism [was another thread]]

ac ac at main.me
Sun Apr 4 10:50:05 EDT 2021

On Sun, 4 Apr 2021 09:05:28 -0500
o1bigtenor via talk <talk at gtalug.org> wrote:
<snip>
> If you needs are very very simple I doubt that there would be a
> problem and if you don't care about intellectual freedom run WSL- - -
> - I think that as your needs get more complex the more you need to
> have computational organizational freedom. That computational
> organizational freedom just doesn't exist in WSL (and a few other
> areas as well).

in this area I agree with previously mentioned opinions that: " WSL can
only help entrench the dominance of proprietary software like Windows,
and undermine the use of free software"

and it is known that my opinion is also that Microsoft is EVIL.
So, I guess this means my opinion would be that WSL is evil.

and I think, as you would need windows to use WSL, I do not know how
useful this is for a Linux Users Group.

maybe the people keen on Windows and Microsoft issues and support can
start a Windows WSL support mailing list or something similar?

If this group becomes a windows users group by supporting, or receiving
WSL posts, I guess I would consider unsubscribing from it as it will be
an even greater waste of my time and bits than it seems to becoming now.