[GTALUG] Surveillance Capitalism [was another thread]

Stewart C. Russell scruss at gmail.com
Fri Apr 2 23:42:45 EDT 2021

On 2021-04-02 5:27 p.m., Russell Reiter via talk wrote:

> You know what, thats exactly what innuendo is, saying "all these
> women" without even a link to a personal quote from them, not a one.

CSAIL at MIT has had a long history of being a boys-only club. The best
documented example I can find is the “Barriers to Equality in Academia:
Women in Computer Science at M.I.T.” report from 1983 (!):

http://nms.csail.mit.edu/~dcurtis/Barriers%20Report%20EECS.pdf

This would have been published right about the time RMS started the GNU
Project and lessened his formal connection with MIT. The report does not
make particularly happy reading.

cheers,
 Stewart