[GTALUG] Freedom and Graphene

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Sat Oct 31 18:40:28 EDT 2020

Hi all,

It's 2020 and a long time since Shaw bought Wind Mobile and renamed it to
Freedom. So I wonder if it's worth another look. Prices are as always
aggressive but questions remain about speed and coverage.

The reason I want a new phone plan is because I'm experimenting with a new
phone on which I've just installed GrapheneOS; more than just another
Android ROM, it's touted as being one of the most privacy-focused phones
one can have. Google-free, of course, beyond what's in AOSP, and two
different app stores to replace Google Play.

Does anyone here have experience with either Freedom Mobile or GrapheneOS?
Any answers are much appreciated. If there's interest I'll be happy to talk
about my experiences with GrapheneOS at a future GTALUG meeting.

Evan Leibovitch, Toronto Canada
@evanleibovitch / @el56