[GTALUG] dsl modem ideas for bell?

Karen Lewellen klewellen at shellworld.net
Thu Oct 8 22:38:49 EDT 2020

Hi folks,
Hope you all are finding ways to feel creative.
Wondering if anyone might have a suggestion providing a solution.
Bell is my dsl provider, they also provide my land line and satellites
service as well, but  that is not the issue really.
Because I still use analog phone service, its tied to some of my adaptive
technology, my dsl modem / rooter combination provided by Bell is a tw or
two wire model...or at least it was until this weekend.
Honestly I am not a major user of data, but I do often need to connect
more than one Ethernet setup, and require that someone using wireless be
able to do this with little fanfare.
Largely because none of bell's software works for my setup.
anyway, the problem is that bell has replaced my beloved modem with one
that  causes my landline to click, as in makes a constant clicking noise
whenever the modem is connected, which is all the time.
What I am seeking is hopefully an older, but still to be found prospect,
with  several Ethernet ports the ability to connect wirelessly, yet being
a tw model.
My old one had stream in the title if that rings a..bell.
I have literary had 5 technicians here since Saturday, with three of them
messing  up my Internet on top of not addressing the issue.
Any bell modem ideas come to mind?
why on earth by the way, must I only use bell equipment in the first
place?
Kare the ranter.