[GTALUG] Apache fails after upgrade

William Witteman wwitteman at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 11:05:10 EDT 2020

On Thu, 8 Oct 2020 at 10:43, Lennart Sorensen
<lsorense at csclub.uwaterloo.ca> wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 08, 2020 at 10:34:12AM -0400, Lennart Sorensen via talk wrote:

> > That kernel is your problem.  That in no way has any business being
> > on debian testing.  Current Debian stable uses 4.19.  Previous stable
> > was 4.9.  3.16 is from at least 5 years ago and certainly is missing a
> > ton of features required by any system these days.

Good to know!

I may have somehow got a bad repository?  Here's why I think that:
sudo apt full-upgrade
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Calculating upgrade... Done

...and:

linux-image-amd64 is already the newest version (5.8.10-1).

What's weird is that the apt sources seems pretty standard:
sudo head /etc/apt/sources.list
deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ testing main

deb http://security.debian.org/ testing-security main