[GTALUG] desktop thoughts on Black Friday

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Mon Nov 30 20:42:54 EST 2020

| From: Stewart C. Russell via talk <talk at gtalug.org>

| Both of the clickthroughs on those RFD links gave me "oh hell no" adblock
| redirects to possible scam sites.

Yeah.  Their affiliate stuff gums some things up.  I don't know about scam
sites though.

| The M75n-IoT is pretty bold to have dual RS-232 serial ports on the front of a
| 2020 machine. Decent price, too, for something industrial-rated.

There's another amazing Lenovo deal at the moment, off and on.

https://www.lenovo.com/ca/en/desktops-and-all-in-ones/thinkcentre/m-nano-series/thinkcentre-m90n-iot/p/11AHS0B100?clickid=VmSS0J2fmxyLRiPwUx0Mo3b1UkEwPq3XPyCX3g0&irgwc=1&PID=341376&acid=ww%3Aaffiliate%3Abv0as6

I really don't know how much of that URL is junk or virus DNA.

Until 3AM tomorrow, for $179 + tax, a ThinkCentre M90n IoT;

- Celeron 4205u.  This is NOT an Atom.  It is a Whiskey Lake processor
  (8th gen Core i architecture).  AES in hardware!
 https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/189309/intel-celeron-processor-4205u-2m-cache-1-80-ghz.html

- 4G RAM, soldered

- 128G PCIe SSD

- Windows a0 Home 64

So: a steal.

Lenovoe claims that the Web Price is $919, discounted to $179.00.  Both
numbers are equally astonishing to me: one too high, the other too low.