[GTALUG] First new home computer for decades - Raspberry Pi 400

mwilson at Vex.Net mwilson at Vex.Net
Wed Nov 11 12:19:01 EST 2020

> On 2020-11-10 9:56 p.m., Lennart Sorensen via talk wrote:
>> My second thought was: They removed the composite port.  I probably
>> would never personally use it, but I could imagine there are some people
>> that like attaching things to old CRTs for gaming that would miss it.
>> But perhaps most people like myself just don't care about analog video
>> anymore so they probably made the right call on that.
>
> A CRT monitor would have to be pretty old.  I bought my first LCD
> monitor almost 15 years ago and even then it was a refurb.  Then we get
> to wasted space and power.

The thing to watch out for these days would be LED monitors with DVI-D
interfaces.  They're showing up as special offers from various big-name
retailers.  They will work with RasPi, but need their own form of cable,
and adaptors, for extra $.
>From the looks of the product picture at CanaKit, the kit includes an
ordinary boxed Pi 4B board.  I could be wrong, but if that's true then an
8GB memory version would just be a  matter of price.