[GTALUG] First new home computer for decades - Raspberry Pi 400

Lennart Sorensen lsorense at csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Tue Nov 10 21:56:17 EST 2020

On Tue, Nov 10, 2020 at 08:15:21PM -0500, Stewart Russell via talk wrote:
> ... and it runs Linux.
>
> https://www.raspberrypi.org/products/raspberry-pi-400/?resellerType=home

It looks great, but of course my first thought is: Why 4GB and not 8GB
ram.  Certainly reading a few reviews, it seems for running a desktop,
it is slightly ram starved with 4GB.

My second thought was: They removed the composite port.  I probably
would never personally use it, but I could imagine there are some people
that like attaching things to old CRTs for gaming that would miss it.
But perhaps most people like myself just don't care about analog video
anymore so they probably made the right call on that.

--
Len Sorensen