[GTALUG] question on Debian

Dev Guy devguy.ca at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 20:30:03 EST 2020

Just switch to openSUSE Tumbleweed, you will always be on the latest
path and the releases are solid. I switched away from Ubuntu after so
many years a while back and I am so glad I did.

If you miss Debian, or need to do some dev work for it, you can always
install KVM and run any Linux distro or Windows off it if you have a
decent modern PC with a min of 16GB of ram.

On Sun, Nov 1, 2020 at 11:13 AM o1bigtenor via talk <talk at gtalug.org> wrote:

> Greetings
>
> Debian has been holding back updates on language updates like GCC for
> some 3 or more months at this point. I had been waiting to update my
> system hoping that I could get things all together as it were. Today I
> bit the bullet and upgraded a whole bunch of stuff.
>
> Anyone know why this, imho important, software is being held with no
> updates for so long?
>
> TIA

Kind Regards,
TH