[GTALUG] Scientific Libraries in Python for Drawing Physics Equations

o1bigtenor o1bigtenor at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 18:33:18 EST 2020

On Mon, Nov 2, 2020 at 5:07 PM Nicholas Krause via talk <talk at gtalug.org> wrote:

> Greetings,
> I'm wondering if anyone has used this before:
> http://qutip.org/tutorials.html. If someone has a recommendation or has
> used something
> similar for drawing out the graphs for Schrodinger wave functions or
> Quantum Field Theory that would be helpful. I'm drawing to draw them
> out on a computer with a library as drawing them by hand is also
> impossible for large scales of values and will be easier for field theory.
>
> This is for the future but it would be nice to hear if anyone has any
> experience with drawing out quantum physics equations from a programming
> library,
> Nick

My guru for such died early this summer but I'm betting Tex would be
your friend.
How easy - - - dunno.
Did some searching at CTAN (comprehensive Tex archive network) but
nothing direct.
Quite sure there would be something you'll find it faster talking to someone
who does know their way around Tex.

HTH