[GTALUG] I’m obviously way behind in my reading: IBM owns Redhat

James Knott james.knott at jknott.net
Thu May 28 08:41:32 EDT 2020

On 2020-05-28 07:45 AM, Alvin Starr via talk wrote:
>> LRT used to be called "streetcars".  Toronto has had them for well
>> over a century.
> There is also GO transit that started around 1967 but I guess that
> would best be described as HRT.

There used to be something called "interurban" railways.  There were a
few in the Toronto area.  These typically had a single, self propelled
car and were lighter than regular railroads.  The Halton County Radial
Railway, was created on a segment of the line going to Guelph.
Interurbans were often called radial railways, as they were like spokes
around a hub.  I recall my mother talking about one that used to go to
Richmond Hill.

GO Transit started in 1967, but would be closer to regular trains.