[GTALUG] I’m obviously way behind in my reading: IBM owns Redhat

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Thu May 28 02:16:42 EDT 2020

| From: Russell Reiter via talk <talk at gtalug.org>

| the Prince Albert viaduct
| which added the subway tracks under that bridge long before
| there were subways in the area to connect those tracks to. That was world
| class hometown capacity planning, in its day.

The Prince Edward Viaduct.

I imagine that actual rails were not part of the original build.

I suspect that two world wars and the depressions delayed use of the
route for the tracks.  In the end, the part over Rosedale Valley did not
get used.

Fun fact: apparently the first Toronto Subway was 100% funded by the
TTC fare boxes.