[GTALUG] (off topic) What power bank should I avoid?

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Wed May 20 15:23:51 EDT 2020

Talking about Anker:

You might find this video interesting
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7Jfrzkmzyc>.

A youTube channel that I find interesting, Wendover, did a piece in 2017
explaining the rise of the Chinese manufacturing industry. It includes a
visit to Shenzhen, tour of the Anker factory and an interview with the CEO.
The company, which was disclosed to have sponsored the trip, was used as a
case study in the incredible electronics supply chain there. It also speaks
to the branding issues there and long-term threats.

While the video may easily be considered advertising and / or propaganda,
at least it speaks to Anker's intent to be a long-term player amidst a
world of disposable Chinese brands.

- Evan