[GTALUG] There is a Time Machine Clone for Linux

Lennart Sorensen lsorense at csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Thu May 14 12:35:06 EDT 2020

On Thu, May 14, 2020 at 10:49:08AM -0400, Stewart C. Russell via talk wrote:
> I haven't had an OS install offer that in a long time. Sure, there's
> probably something under an "Advanced" button that allows that, but stock
> Debian and Ubuntu within living memory has just hung it off /.
>
> Anyway, thank Ivan for the Cronopete link: it looks useful. If it's like
> Apple's TimeMachine it'll just keep expanding until it fills the disk, so
> needs to be used with care (and quotas) on networked storage.

Certainly every debian install I have done asks: All one partition,
seperate /home, and some other option I forget.  So it does ask, even
in non expert mode, although if you just bash enter a lot it will use
a single large partition.  I certainly do find that for most people,
a seperate /home is extremely annoying and you always end up finding
some partition is too small and another too larger.  On a destop machine
that is.  On a server you better do things "right".

--
Len Sorensen