[GTALUG] There is a Time Machine Clone for Linux

Stewart C. Russell scruss at gmail.com
Thu May 14 10:49:08 EDT 2020

On 2020-05-12 10:47 p.m., James Knott via talk wrote:

> I thought normal Linux practice was to have /home on a separate
> partition

I haven't had an OS install offer that in a long time. Sure, there's
probably something under an "Advanced" button that allows that, but
stock Debian and Ubuntu within living memory has just hung it off /.

Anyway, thank Ivan for the Cronopete link: it looks useful. If it's like
Apple's TimeMachine it'll just keep expanding until it fills the disk,
so needs to be used with care (and quotas) on networked storage.

cheers,
  Stewart