[GTALUG] BlackBerry [was Re: Linux servers attacked!]

James Knott james.knott at jknott.net
Mon May 11 15:22:53 EDT 2020

On 2020-05-11 03:07 PM, o1bigtenor via talk wrote:
>> Ecosystem...  I hear this a lot but don't understand it.  My old phone
>> died, and I'm looking for a new phone.  The apps that I use are already
>> "builtin" in all phones (be it, Android, iPhone, or old BlackBerry).
>> So, my next phone will be based on price and quality.  That's it!
>>
> How in the bleeping blazes does one determine quality in the mess that is the
> 'stupid' phone market today?

Same way as anything else, reputation.  Google phones tend to be good
quality.  Same with Samsung (other than batteries ;-)).  In my
experience LG tends not to be the best.  iPhones may be OK quality, but
are overpriced.

BTW, I have had 3 Google smart phones, a Nexus 1 made by HTC, Nexus 5,
LG and Pixel 2, HTC.  The 2 HTC made phones were very good quality.  The
LG, not so much.  I also had an LG computer monitor that I wasn't
thrilled with.