[GTALUG] Actual ttyS0 MIA

James Knott james.knott at jknott.net
Sun May 10 14:16:48 EDT 2020

On 2020-05-10 02:04 PM, Kevin Cozens via talk wrote:
> io.org sounds familiar. I think I might have used that ISP or maybe I
> just remember it as one of the early ones back before I was using
> interlog.com.

It was a Toronto based ISP.  This was back in the day when commercial
use of the Internet was still questionable.  IIRC, io.org had some sort
of dodgy connection to UofT for access to the Internet.

BTW, while trying to dig up some info on io.org, I came across this
article.  I worked at 151 Front St. W. for about 17 years with CN
Telecommunications/CNCP/Unitel.  I was also back in there, for a few
days, a couple of years ago, doing some work for Freedom Mobile.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toronto_Internet_Exchange