[GTALUG] Linux servers attacked!

Stewart C. Russell scruss at gmail.com
Sun May 10 10:05:50 EDT 2020

On 2020-05-09 5:22 p.m., D. Hugh Redelmeier via talk wrote:
> <https://www.blackberry.com/content/dam/blackberry-com/asset/enterprise/pdf/direct/report-bb-decade-of-the-rats.pdf>
> There is a claim that this stuff is widespread and has been for a long
> time.  I don't think any quantitative evidence is revealed.

Blackberry == QNX these days, and a company that exists to sell "not
Linux" might reasonably have a hate on for a free OS. ISTR an embedded
compiler company a few years ago used to come out with quite amusing
"GCC = Death" hot takes.

That's not to say they're producing bad products (the last time I used
QNX it was quite lovely and rock solid) but it's not going to lose them
any money to diss Linux.

It's not like Blackberry's selling many phones right now ...
/ducks

  Stewart