[GTALUG] téléconferencing options, was GTALUG: COVID-19 Impact

Znoteer znoteer at mailbox.org
Fri Mar 27 06:37:43 EDT 2020

Hi Alex,

On Thu, Mar 26, 2020 at 06:28:42PM -0400, Alex Volkov wrote:
> Hey Znoteer,
>
> Do you have a rough estimate how much CPU bigbluebutton was using during
> the conference and for how many people?

Sorry, I don't.  I asked on our IRC channel and no one else seems to have
noticed either.  What I can tell you is that on my core 2 duo laptop with 3G
of RAM, with 3 total participants, the experience was acceptable, but as
more people came on board (at most there were 7 of us) quality of the call
dropped.  I started to get audio dropping out.  I could no longer hear for
long periods and they could no longer hear me.  Those on beefier machines
than my measely laptop had no trouble, though.

--
Znoteer
znoteer at mailbox.org