[GTALUG] [GTALUG-Announce] GTALUG: COVID-19 Impact

Christopher Browne cbbrowne at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 16:06:26 EDT 2020

On Thu, 26 Mar 2020 at 14:42, Rouben via talk <talk at gtalug.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Long-time lurker here.
>
> I’d be happy to provide virtual hosting for GTA LUG proceedings and
> meetings via Zoom or MS Teams. I work at UofT and I believe I can get GTA
> LUG meetings hosted on our infrastructure.
>
> Alternatively, if we can get sponsored (or have other means/resources
> available) we could organize a free/libre based solution to hold virtual
> meetings.
>
> Thoughts?

Evan has already weighed in with availability of a Zoom 'room', which the
board has used a fair bit for board meetings, but it's surely a fine thing
to have options.

Our last board meeting we used the "libre" option, Jitsi, for which Alex
has set up a VM.  Alex seems to be proposing to spin up an instance of
that.  I suggest getting in on the conversation about that.

To my mind, having more possible solutions is better than having fewer,
although we'll need to pick something specific pretty soon :-).