[GTALUG] Wireless Bridge - Asus RP-N12 N300 Repeater

William Park opengeometry at yahoo.ca
Mon Jun 15 23:25:40 EDT 2020

FYI...

For work-from-home, I got stuffs spread over two tables in my basement.
Most devices don't support or have wireless capability.  Problem is my
router is upstair.  To run an ethernet cable, it has go across hallway,
living room, through kitchen, down the stair, then across basement to
the opposite corner.  I don't want that.

So, I got
    - ASUS RP-N12 N300 Repeater
      https://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=27_1056_1058&item_id=087667
      $29.88
It's repeater, access point, and media bridge.  "Media Bridge" (ie.
wireless bridge) is what I needed.  It has one ethernet port, and that's
connected to switch.  So, you connect devices to the switch and it
gets IP from the router.

A coworker recommended
    - TP-LINK (TL-WA850RE) N300 300Mbps Universal WiFi Range Extender
    - TP-LINK (TL-WR802N) N300 Wireless N Router Nano
but I went with Asus, instead.
--
William Park <opengeometry at yahoo.ca>