[GTALUG] Tripp Lite OMNI1000LCD UPS

Val Kulkov val.kulkov at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 11:25:45 EDT 2020

After two years of problem-free service, my UPS unit started acting up. I
thought it was odd because usually a UPS battery lasts for at least three
years. I replaced the battery and it seemed to work for a couple of weeks,
but then one day the unit switched itself off and stopped working. When
pressing the power button, all I can see is the flickering LCD screen but
the unit does not come on. Cleaning all possible contacts inside did not
help.

I don't know enough of electrical engineering to fix this unit myself. This
OMNI1000LCD is actually quite nice when it works. It communicates with a
Linux workstation through the usbhid-ups driver. If anyone wants to pick it
up and play with it, or get the new battery from inside this unit, let me
know.

- Val