[GTALUG] JSON Standard for SQL Thoughts

Nicholas Krause xerofoify at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 21:15:18 EDT 2020

On 6/5/20 6:25 PM, Dave Cramer wrote:

> On Fri, 5 Jun 2020 at 17:23, Nicholas Krause via talk <talk at gtalug.org
> <mailto:talk at gtalug.org>> wrote:
>
>     Greetings,
>
>     I'm aware a few people here keep up more with certain database trends
>     then me including Chris Browne. I'm aware of the newest standard of
>     SQL supporting JSON.  Does anyone have any thoughts on this or how
>     it may affect things going forward in the database world.
>
>     Postresql supported operators before but seems their moving to the
>     current SQL standard implementation, last I checked.
>

> I think the situation is the reverse. The standard is based on most of
> the early work from PostgreSQL
>

> Dave Cramer

Dave,

Last I checked it wasn't, but if it that's cool. It would be nice for
the  standard to use a common set of operators or data types. Most of
the time the SQL standard seems to be pretty good about it, the only
real black mark is date types.

Thanks,
Nick

--
Fundamentally an organism has conscious mental states if and only if
there is something that it is like to be that organism--something it is