[GTALUG] web hosting question

Don Tai dontai.canada at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 12:19:31 EDT 2020

A friend on here uses Planethoster, a Canuck company based in Montreal but
also have servers in France. He has had good experiences so far, but you
might need to request English once in a while. Why do you want to have a
Canuck host provider? This severely limits your choices of host provider. I
use A2 in Michigan.

I always split domain name and hosting because there was a time when host
providers could hold your name ransom if you wanted to leave. I think most
host providers split out their domain name part to an external
company/different sub-company, but I don't want any surprises.