[GTALUG] OpenWRT Upgrade

Val Kulkov val.kulkov at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 12:13:43 EDT 2020

On Fri, 10 Jul 2020 at 11:41, Val Kulkov <val.kulkov at gmail.com> wrote:

> OpenWrt does provide a workaround for WPA key reinstallation attacks. See
>> the description of "wpa_disable_eapol_key_retries" parameter and the
>> comments that follow at this page:
>> https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/network/wifi/basic

I forgot to add that if enabling wpa_disable_eapol_key_retries does cause
interoperability issues on a Wi-Fi network, then one can create a guest
VLAN with this parameter disabled, and enable this parameter on a secure
non-guest VLAN. This is not difficult to achieve with OpenWrt, and I will
be happy to provide details in a separate thread if there is some interest.