[GTALUG] sale today on ThnkPad T490 and tiny ThinkCentre PCs

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Fri Jul 10 09:40:54 EDT 2020

Lenovo list prices always seem high to me.  But unpredictably they have
significant discounts.  Sometimes the resulting prices seem reasonable.

ThinkPads are generally the standard best bet for UNIX.

Starting at noon today, Lenovo has a modestly spec'ed T490 for $1000.  I
think that that's a good price.

Bad news: it appears that T490 notebooks have one soldered-in 8GiB RAM and
one RAM socket.

Here's the current line-up.  Scroll right ("NEXT" button on page) to see
the model I'm talking about.

<https://www.lenovo.com/ca/en/laptops/thinkpad/thinkpad-t-series/T490/p/22TP2TT4900>

There are other potentially interesting items on sale today "Black Friday
in July".  If you like tiny PCs, look at the ThinkCentre M75 Tiny or the
ThinkCentre M90n ("n" stands for "nano").