[GTALUG] ThinkPads on special

Nicholas Krause xerofoify at gmail.com
Wed Jan 22 17:35:47 EST 2020

On 1/22/20 2:27 PM, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 22, 2020 at 12:23:43PM -0500, Nicholas Krause wrote:
>> Amd has no CPUs that are powerful enough in terms of performance and power
>> in RYZEN to compete with i7s currently for laptops. It will be fixed in the
>> 4000
>> series to my knowledge and is the last area for AMD to become truly
>> competitive
>> again outside of AVX-512 support in the data center.
>>
>> Maybe that explains it better as Asus as started switching over their end
>> high laptops
>> to Ryzen with the 4000 series at CES this year,
> The T49x and T59x are identical in almost all specs except screen size.
> There is no good reason not to offer a 15.6" version of the T495.
> Most T590 are i5 not i7 as far as I can tell unless you order the higher
> spec machine explicitly.

Lennart,
Sorry I got the model numbers messed up. Anyhow I would assume its
for other reasons, mostly Intel is known to be good in this space and
AMD has not competed well even with the launch of Ryzen. As I did
state the 4000 series may fix this from various vendors of laptops.

I've not sure if Lenevo is thinking of changing it as the default in a
lot of
their machines through,
Nick