[GTALUG] server question

Kevin Cozens kevin at ve3syb.ca
Wed Jan 22 14:41:50 EST 2020

On 2020-01-22 2:12 p.m., Christopher Browne via talk wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Jan 2020 at 12:16, James Knott via talk <talk at gtalug.org
> <mailto:talk at gtalug.org>> wrote:
>
>     On 2020-01-22 12:05 PM, Lennart Sorensen via talk wrote:
>      > I tend to use .lan for my local dns names.
>
>     I have my own registered domain, so that's what I use.

Another option is to use DHCP with IPs given out based on the MAC address.
For name resolution you can add mappings in to /etc/hosts or use a local
name server.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.

http://www.ve3syb.ca/               | "Nerds make the shiny things that
https://www.patreon.com/KevinCozens | distract the mouth-breathers, and
                                     | that's why we're powerful"
Owner of Elecraft K2 #2172          |
#include <disclaimer/favourite>     |             --Chris Hardwick