[GTALUG] server question

Scott Allen mlxxxp at gmail.com
Wed Jan 22 07:47:01 EST 2020

On Tue, 21 Jan 2020 at 23:04, o1bigtenor via talk <talk at gtalug.org> wrote:
> I wasn't thinking of IP addresses - - - rather I was thinking of something
> like example.com but not that. Trying to come up with something so
> that if machine 1 has the server program that machine 2 can access
> machine1 just by using machine1 in the browser.

Do you know that you can just use the IP address in a browser? As long
as machine 1 has a static IP address, say 192.168.1.10, you can then
enter 192.168.1.10 as the URL in any browser to reach it. (The address
has to be local or reachable through routing tables.) If you like, can
bookmark that address to make it easy to get to.

--
Scott