[GTALUG] Re-implementing xbattbar in Python

Lennart Sorensen lsorense at csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Tue Jan 14 11:15:10 EST 2020

On Sun, Jan 12, 2020 at 10:53:16AM -0500, Giles Orr via talk wrote:
> That's not the worst of it: I thought "why did he use 'perlcompat'
> just for 'die' and 'getopts'?"  So I replaced those commands with the
> Python equivalents and removed the library.  Only to discover that
> "x11utils" requires "perlcompat".  Seriously?  And "pip3" doesn't even
> know it's a dependency so you have to install it by hand.  Kinda
> unimpressive.

x11utils and perlcompat did appear like they were by the same author,
and I guess they are.

Seems like they are modules written by a perl fan that is having issues
getting used to python.  Looks like the same person did x11utils,
perlcompat, xpymon, xpywm, xpylog and a few other things.

--
Len Sorensen