[GTALUG] Open CAPI Standard

Nicholas Krause xerofoify at gmail.com
Thu Jan 2 23:36:05 EST 2020

Greetings,
I mentioned this to some of you at the meeting in December but IBM and
others are working
on creating a new standard to replace PCI express and some of its
limitations called Open
CAPI. The current versions is as fast as NVLink at 50GBs in a x16 lane
from memory which
future versions being able to hit over 100GBs in the same lane speed and
250ms latency
guaranteed as compared to the 500ms to 750ms in PCI express.

This is a link:https://opencapi.org/ to anyone who wants to read the
spec, through you will
have to give them a email and I believe where you work. Currently POWER
is the only
real architecture supporting it through or NVlink for that matter.

Nick