[GTALUG] ot: perhaps, cell phone batteries?

James Knott james.knott at jknott.net
Thu Feb 27 15:20:23 EST 2020

On 2020-02-27 02:23 PM, Karen Lewellen via talk wrote:
> Hi all,
> Has been rather a few years since I needed to buy a cell phone battery.
> The phone in question is  from a manufacturer that I know tellus
> carries, although it is not with tellus.
> My hope is for an inexpensive avenue, refurbished for example, as I do
> not use the phone in a high volume fashion.
> Thoughts for in town locations for the buy?  I  doubt I could do this
> on line.
> thanks,
> Kare

There are lots of phone repair shops around.  They should be able to do
something.  Depending on the phone and your skill level, you may be able
to buy a replacement battery and replace it myself.  I replaced the
battery in my Google Nexus 5 a few years ago and while it was within my
technical capabilities, it was far beyond what most people could do.

If you mention the phone model, you could probably get better advise.
For example, replacing the battery on many Samsung models is trivail.