[GTALUG] Adding all users to the "disk" group: bad idea, or terrible idea?

Chris Tyler chris at tylers.info
Mon Feb 17 19:23:21 EST 2020

Wouldn't it be better to use SGID to enable access to disk devices only for
the duration of that program's execution? This would mean that you wouldn't
change the user or system configuration, the same level of risk would be
present when the program was running (the program needs to verify that it's
only writing to SD cards!), and there would be no additional risk when the
program was not running.

-Chris